Jan 17, 2022

What's Up With That Name?



You may be wondering why I chose MicroBioPhyle as the title of my blog. MicroBio is obvious as I was once a microbiology professor and I like to write about disease-causing microbes occasionally. But what's up with the Phyle? Let's see.

I could have chosen 'Phile' which would have suggested that I'm attracted to microbiological subjects. But that was taken, and I'm not really attracted to them. I just like those kinds of topics.

I might also have chosen 'File' suggesting I was going to write posts about microbiology and file them on my blog. That was also taken. Ho-hum.

As both of my first choices were already taken by other bloggers, I went with a homonym of the two words. Phile, File, Phyle. It's completely meaningless, but it works for me!

What's this blog going to be about, you might ask. My first answer to that question is "why does anybody choose to write about anything?" It's a hobby. It's an outlet. It keeps the old brain cells alive. And it just might be informative to some. Who knows?

And THAT dear reader is the why behind the name. 

No comments:

Canine Distemper virus

Canine distemper virus (CDV) is a highly contagious and potentially fatal virus that affects dogs, foxes, and other carnivores. The virus be...